Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Am I a Flake

  Am I a Flake? Do I act flaky? Do I talk flaky? Do I talk to myself? Do I have conversations with myself and imaginary people in my mind?  Does this habit of doing this unknowingly divide my mind? Do I find myself trying to make myself feel better about myself?

 How much time do I spend in this imaginary activity, 2 hours a day, 6, 12?  Do I even notice I'm doing this?  Or does this seem normal. Normal for a Flake. Is this activity of engaging with an imaginary me confusing me about which one I am, am I the one giving the advice, or commenting on a past experience or the one receiving it? Am I teaching myself I'm not whole, how long have I been doing this? Does this activity effect the way I see life.

Goddamn it, I'm not a flake, your the flake

 Do I seek out others to agree with me? Do I find in me a need to do this? Do I get a temporary comfort from this. how about when I want to stop smoking or doing some other habitual behavior, does there seem to be a part of me that whines, that I can't bring under control, that sounds pretty flaky to me, Do I seek out other flakes to feel comfortable? Am I intimidated by some one who points this out to me, do I avoid that type of person by projecting my flakiness on to them?

 Do I seem to have a problem feeling happiness for no reason? Am I constantly feeling a lack or missing something, always feeling a need to have something next to do, does the idea of nothing to do disturb me?  Do I seek out exciting people to fill this lack, do I really believe there are special people?

  If you answered yes to even one of these questions you are a flake.

 But really, this is only the surface isn't it. We haven't started to dig under the nails, there is still that rich inner life, the fantasys you entertain yourself with, Wanna look at that? No!

  Well maybe some other time, and listen don't worry, I not going to tell any one whats really going on down there, you know, where you really live. I might not even tell you.

1 comment:

  1. Lets see.......so your question was, or title is, "Am I A Flake". The answer is yes. :)

    ReplyDelete